MothersIncWW

Welcome the the Mothers Inc Weight Watchers Support Team Blog. Feel free to read and submit posts as you like!! Lets do this together!!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thanks for coming over!

I just wanted to thank you all for coming over yesterday. I definitely think that this has put a fresh gust of wind under my sails. It was good to see everybody and to be able to talk about this stuff.

Having Jenn take my photo in a swimsuit was definitely a reality check. I know I've really felt good about the progress I made so far and can see the difference. I think I would cry if I saw a similar photo of myself from when I started this diet. It gives me all that much more inspiration to loose the weight so that next months photo I look less like a sausage stuffed into my suit. It's also inspired me to go find a picture of me from ten years ago when I was almost down my goal weight, 27 lbs away.

I really enjoyed hosting. Having to make the time to sit down and look through my cookbooks for something to make was the best and made me discover all kinds of recipes that I would like to make that are healthy, tasty and low in points. Of course, when I host again I'll make about half the food. I'll get the recipe for the tortellini salad up shortly. If wants the other recipes let me know and I'll either type them in or send you a scanned copy.

I do have one complaint: You all left without desert!

I now have two big bars of Lindt's Intense Orange Dark Chocolate in my house calling my name. If only I had the sensibility and moderation to just eat one square a day.

Lora

6 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks so much for hosting Lora. It was great! The boys talked about how much they liked the "Weight Watchers House". I think we all benefited from the meeting and as much as I didn't want to, I'm glad I had Jen take the pictures. Sometimes you need a good kick in the booty to get ya going. Man! I didn't know there was chocolate!!!! I did stop by the store and pick up some of the toddler crackers that Jen had. Yummy. Thanks again for hosting~it was great! ~laurie~

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger scapology staff said…

    Thanks for hosting, Lora! Don't worry about the chocolate- I'll be by your house in about 10 minutes. How will that work? :)
    Sorry to everyone (again) for Abby licking the cheese. She was asking for more cheese the rest of the time we were there, and in the car, so we went to the store on the way home just to buy some. That stuff must be like crack to her!
    Cat

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No problem Cat~the girl likes Laughing Cow! Too Cute! What days are you're walking days at the mall? I'm thinking I'll want to check it out soon. Do you just take Abby in a stroller? DUHH!!! I don't know why I'm asked that but I am. Thanks!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger scapology staff said…

    Hey Laurie,
    The days are currently Mon, Wed, and Thurs, I think. (Lora- please correct me here if I'm wrong.) They start at 9:30. And, yes, Abby is soooooo in her stroller. I wouldn't get any walking done if she wasn't tethered down somehow- velcro, duct tape, stroller- whatever I have handy. :)

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    As of the beginning of September the walk and talks will be M, T, and Th begining at 9:30. Between now and then it's a little werid. There's one on Friday the 18th, Wednesday the 23rd, Monday the 28th, and Wednesday the 30th, all at 9:30. We kind of meet at the door to the food court, but nobody really weights around and we just do laps on the upper deck. Look for the mob of mamas with strollers.

    BTW one Lindt's Intense Orange Dark Chocolate Bars has 12 points. Do not ask me why I needed to calculate this.

    Lora

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger scapology staff said…

    Thank you soooo much for hosting! I think it really pumped everyone up again. I know you guys hate me for taking the pictures, but believe me - - it will totally pay off when we meet again next month!! Your tortalini pasta salad was declisioso!! Can't wait to get that recipe. Jenn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home