MothersIncWW

Welcome the the Mothers Inc Weight Watchers Support Team Blog. Feel free to read and submit posts as you like!! Lets do this together!!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

5K scheduled for February

Ok guys...after our discussion yesterday (and getting Catherine on board - whoo hoo) I have looked at my potential 2nd foot surgery dates and have set up our work out to start November 7th. I know that seems like a ways off - but just think about how much more weight you will have lost by then!! We'll all be feeling great about ourselves and running will seem sooooo much easier. Anyways - if you look at the calendar I have posted the first 2 weeks of our workout schedule. Catherine - if you are interested in walking instead of running... I have a schedule for that too!! Twelve weeks of prepping for this puts us into February in which I have found a 5K in austin that we can do. It't the Mardi Gras 5K in barton springs on February 10th. It'a a big family function in which I think it would be great if our families came out and cheered us on as we crossed the finish line. I know this seems like a bit far off... but I just want you guys to know how serious I am about this ...so lets get it down in the books!! Here is the website for last years run...

http://www.mardigras5k.com/

3 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    I'm in!

    The timing on that is just about perfect.

    This is the Couch to 5k program I followed last time: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    I don't know how it compares, but thought you might want to take a peak at it. It took me from a complete none runner to running just fine.

    Can anybody recommend a good place to run outdoors with a jogging stroller? I need to check with his doctor, but I think Liam will be old enough to do one of these by then.

    Lora

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger scapology staff said…

    Lora,
    How about Brushy Creek park? And I have a friend who runs on the trails around Anderson Mill West, but she does it at the crack of dawn, so I don't know how it is with strollers.
    Cat

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    God, I love it when I go back and read what I wrote and see all the spelling and grammatical errors!

    Brushy Creek is nice, but it gets a little too sandy in places. I might check out Milburn. I gather they have a good walking path, that's a one mile loop.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home