MothersIncWW

Welcome the the Mothers Inc Weight Watchers Support Team Blog. Feel free to read and submit posts as you like!! Lets do this together!!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells

The favorite recipes link isn't working for me, so here is the recipe for the stuffed shells some of you guys asked for that I made last month when I hosted the meeting. Sorry it has taken me so long to post this! t.= teaspoon
1 (26 oz) jar fat-free spaghetti sauce, divided (I used generic HEB veg. primavera- not fat free, but close.)
vegetable cooking spray
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup lite ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded, divided.
1/2 t. ground pepper
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
12 jumbo pasta shells, cooked.

Spoon half of the spaghetti sauce into an 11x17x1 1/2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.

Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, pepper and nutmeg; stir well. Spoon spinach mixture evenly into past shells. Arrange shells over sauce in baking dish. Spoon remaining half of spaghetti sauce over shells.

Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbly.

Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese.

Yield: 4 servings- 5 points per serving.

I experimented a little and found that if you want to make a double batch and freeze half, you can. I didn't put them in the baking dish with the sauce. I just stuffed the shells, then laid them on a sheet pan and stuck them in the freezer. When they were frozen solid, I put them in a ziploc bag and put them back in the freezer. To cook, I think (it was a while ago) I let them thaw a little first, then followed the instructions outlined above.

Cat

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    They were really tasty. I love that you can do the prep ahead on them. Thanks for the recipe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home