MothersIncWW

Welcome the the Mothers Inc Weight Watchers Support Team Blog. Feel free to read and submit posts as you like!! Lets do this together!!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Easy Dinners

I don't know if others are like me, but sometimes the hardest part about WW (and any lifestyle where you are not eating out of a paper bag) is the time it can take shopping and preparing, chopping, slicing, etc fresh food---so I am always looking for ways to cut down on my time in the kitchen. If anyone has good suggestions on fast and easy things please pass it on. I will start....If you buy fresh shrimp at HEB, they will boil it in the shrimp boil seasonings right there on the spot for you. I grew up on Galveston Bay--so boiled shrimp has always pretty much been a staple of my diet.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger scapology staff said…

    I love to cook so I've just gotten in the habit of doing these things for shortcuts. I prewash stuff like herbs, green onions, other veggies when I buy them. Anything that doesn't lose much flavor and requires lots of time chopping (i.e. bell peppers, onions, celery, etc) I go ahead and chop up, then store in an airtight container. I also like to plan 1 or 2 days in advance when I plan to cook so that way I can just use similar ingredients for different dishes. I have found that by doing this (which takes a couple of hours max once a week), I can churn out a meal in less than 30 minutes. Boy, I feel like Rachael Ray. -Julia

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger scapology staff said…

    Tonight I did the lemon broiled chicken with rosemary from the 10 day menu plan, and it was really easy and fast. I deviated with the carrots a little (okay- a lot. I did probably 1/2 tsp. of margarine and 1 tsp. (or less) of brown sugar instead of the ginger and marmalade) and I had spinach. The whole thing, including prep, was maybe 20-25 minutes. I'm notoriously bad at taking care of myself when Mike is travelling, so it HAS to be easy when he's on a business trip, or it'll be mac and cheese or pasta with jarred spaghetti sauce for me. So I can now personally vouch for one of the meals on that plan- it was easy, quick, and didn't taste too "diet-y."
    HTH.
    Catherine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home